Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blog #8 - What I'm Thankful For...(homework)

           I’m thankful for a lot of things in my life.  I’m healthy, I have steady jobs, a roof over my head and a beautiful family that loves and supports me.  One of the most important things I can say that I’m most appreciative of, was to be given the opportunity to come and reside in the United States. At first, I was very afraid. I didn’t know what to expect and if I was going to like living here. Even though I came with my parents I didn’t want to leave my relatives behind, especially my maternal grandparents whom I had a very close relationship with. In the Beginning it was very hard to get used to the American lifestyle and the freezing weather.  As the years passed by we become more settled. Now I have a younger sibling, my parents have good jobs, we live in a beautiful home, I graduated High School and soon I’ll be graduating LaGuardia Community College.  My life is far from perfect but I feel blessed to live the way I do. This country has offered me so many opportunities.  I gained so much maturity and responsibility at a young age and today I have the strength to cope with two jobs and still make time to go to school. As stressful as it may sound I feel very accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment