Monday, November 15, 2010

Blog # 6 - My Experience Peer Editing 101 Papers & How Could This Benefit Me...


      Editing Eng 101 drafts wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. To me it was very time consuming because I actually used the entire class period to carefully revise the papers. As horrible as it may sound, I thought the essays were going to be a disaster. I was once an Eng 101 student so I know how hard it is to write a college essay format paper for the first time. I went through a lot of C’s and spent a lot of time in the English department to get where I am right now. To my surprise they weren’t bad at all, they were actually quite good and enjoyable to read. Overall, the two drafts had lots of good information. Although they were assigned the same topic, both papers were very unique.  The first essay talked about leading terms to a successful romantic relationship and the second one described how technology and social networking websites have been very influential in developing all types of relationships. Both papers had minor grammar errors, run-on sentences, and lacked proper quotation. I was skeptical at first because I did not want to give them the wrong feedback or to sound rude. I tried my best to give them as much information I could. I gave quoting examples; I told them to proofread their papers, and I gave them positive feedback as well as constructive criticism. I sincerely think that I’m not qualified to peer edit anyone’s paper because sometimes I still struggle with mines, but I hope that with what I learned from prior Eng classes, I was able to help these students strive for a successful paper.
        
       Peer editing made me overlook my research paper more in depth. I keep proof reading it over and over to see what I could fix and if my argument supports my thesis. According to Professor McCormick, I have lots of good information but I need to clarify my position, so I’ll be definitely working on improving this issue.  I’ve been dedicating a lot of time on my paper and I’ll continue to do so because it’s yet to be done. I’ll have all my body paragraphs developed by the end of this month and I’ll keep revising it till the day it’s due. I’m giving this research paper my all and I hope that my hard work pays off at the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment